2013 CROSS COUNTRY SEASON
6th GRADE GIRLS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS AND
7&8th GRADE GIRLS "THREEPEAT"
WIN LEAGUE TITLE FOR THIRD YEAR IN A ROW!
RESULTS POSTED FOR ALL REGULAR SEASON MEETS
AND LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP MEETS
(Click on "Menu Item" Meet Results)
The goal of the PMS cross country team is to provide students the opportunity to develop their running ability in a fun, but directed environment where both the individual and team accomplishments are important and are recognized.
1. Come on time to practice, ready to cooperate and give it your best effort
2. Listen when coaches and team members are talking.
3. Encourage and respect everyone on the team.
4. Always try your best.
5. Thank people for doing nice things.
6. Have a positive attitude and willingness to learn.
7. Practice good sportsmanship during training sessions and competition.
8. Wear proper running attire to practice including running shoes, t-shirt, running shorts.
No spitting water, throwing rocks, climbing trees, etc.
No listening to IPODS, texting, talking on cell phone, etc. during practice
Listen and follow instructions of the coaches
If you aren’t feeling well, or think you have an injury let us know, we don’t want to make things worse by having you practice injured
Students are to address the adult coaches by “Mr.” or “Ms.” or Coach and that person’s first name, i.e. Coach Len
No holding hands with any other student during any time unless directed to do so by a coach as part of a particular exercise
(Note: Other behavior guidelines may be added at the discretion of the coaching staff and Piedmont Recreation Department)
PROGRAM GOALS - 2013 SEASON
1. Every team member has fun and enjoys cross country.
2. At least one 6th grade team member, one boy and one girl, finish in the "top ten" at the league championship meet.
3. Our boys and girls 6th grade teams finish in the top three at the league championship meet.
4. At least one 7th grade or 8th grade team member, one boy and one girl, finish in the "top ten" at the league championship meet.
5. Our boys and girls 7/8th grade teams finish in the top three at the league championship meet.
This is not “fool around” or goof off fun, but it is the pride, satisfaction and fulfillment you will experience from improving your running, setting a personal best, competing in a meet, running with friends in practice, taking part and contributing to the team. It is the fun of feeling good about oneself and participating in an activity that you can do your entire life.
BE A TEAM PLAYER
1. Get to know your teammates.
2. Encourage and help your teammates.
3. Give positive feedback to your teammates whenever possible.
4. Remember that positive attitude is highly contagious.
5. Work hard in practice.
6. Communicate with your coaches.
7. Attend at least one practice a week, run in three regular season meets, and run
in the end of season championship meet.
PRACTICE INFORMATION (Other Essentials)*